computers · Sibelius

Sibelius pdf imaging issues, part 2

I reported a week or so again that I was having problems with the renders created by the pdf versions of my Sibelius 7 files. I ended up exporting them in individual pages as EPS files, then using Apple Preview to create pdf pages:

File > export > EPS

As you can see here, I had to uncheck “Use smallest bounding box” or the titles were cut off. Still, I had the hidden items, like the title for second through last pages, which appears as a gray object on the first page. So I went to the View tab and unchecked “Hidden Objects.”

That did the trick. I still had to combine the pages, using Acrobat, but the result was significantly cleaner-looking. I’m sure there is some kind of trick outside of Sibelius to do this as a batch, but I haven’t had time to hunt for one.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s